Image by: mark felice
Parks that are K-10 for your K-9s.
Denver is a great city for dogs, with plenty of parks, trails, and dog-friendly businesses to explore. Here are a few of the best places to take your dog in Denver:
- Sloan’s Lake Park: This 177-acre park offers a 2.6-mile trail for walking, jogging, and walking your dog on a leash. You can also fish, boat, and water ski on the lake.
- Washington Park: This popular park has a large, fenced-in dog park where your pup can run free and socialize with other dogs. There are also plenty of walking and biking trails, as well as a lake for swimming.
- City Park: This historic park has a variety of dog-friendly areas, including a large, off-leash dog park, a smaller dog park for shy or reactive dogs, and plenty of walking and biking trails.
- Cheesman Park: This centrally located park offers stunning views of the city skyline. There is a designated off-leash dog area where your pup can run and play, as well as plenty of walking paths.
- Denver Beer Co.’s Arvada Brewery: This brewery has a large outdoor patio that is dog-friendly. They also host regular dog-friendly events, such as Yappy Hours and Puppy Playdates.
- The Stanley Marketplace: This market has a variety of dog-friendly shops and restaurants, as well as a large outdoor courtyard where your pup can relax and people-watch.
- Elitch Gardens Theme Park: This theme park offers a special Dog Days of Summer event, where dogs are allowed to ride the carousel and Ferris wheel.
- Red Rocks Amphitheatre: This iconic venue hosts a few dog-friendly concerts each year. Be sure to check their website for upcoming events.
- Waterfall Hikes: There are several dog-friendly waterfall hikes near Denver, such as the Mount Falcon Park Loop and the St. Mary’s Falls Trail. Just be sure to keep your dog on a leash and clean up after them.
- Always be sure to clean up after your dog, no matter where you go.
- Respect other park visitors and their dogs.
- Keep your dog on a leash in all areas except designated off-leash areas.
- Be aware of the weather and make sure your dog is comfortable.
- Respect service dogs and their needs.
- Have fun and enjoy your time exploring Denver with your furry friend!