Colorado is a skier’s paradise, with some of the best ski resorts in the world. If you’re a newcomer moving to Colorado, you’re in for a treat! Here’s a guide to the state’s ski resorts and their 2023 open dates, as well as some tips for newcomers to the slopes:
Colorado Ski Resort Scheduled Open Dates for 2023 (dates may be subject to change)
Arapahoe Basin | October 21, 2023
Aspen Highlands | November 11, 2023
Aspen Mountain | November 11, 2023
Beaver Creek | November 18, 2023
Breckenridge | November 11, 2023
Buttermilk | November 11, 2023
Copper Mountain | November 11, 2023
Crested Butte | November 18, 2023
Eldora | November 11, 2023
Keystone | November 11, 2023
Loveland | November 11, 2023
Monarch | November 11, 2023
Powderhorn | November 11, 2023
Purgatory | November 11, 2023
Silverton | November 11, 2023
Ski Cooper | November 11, 2023
Steamboat Springs | November 11, 2023
Telluride | November 11, 2023
Vail | November 11, 2023
Winter Park | November 11, 2023
Tips for Newcomers to Colorado Ski Resorts
- Choose the right resort for you. Not all ski resorts are created equal. Some are better suited for beginners, while others are more challenging for experienced skiers and snowboarders. Do some research to find a resort that’s a good fit for your skill level and interests.
- Buy your lift tickets in advance. Lift tickets can be expensive, especially on weekends and holidays. Save money by buying your tickets online in advance.
- Rent your gear if you don’t have your own. There are plenty of places to rent skis, snowboards, and other gear near most ski resorts.
- Take a lesson. If you’re a beginner, or if you’re just looking to improve your skills, consider taking a lesson from a qualified instructor.
- Dress appropriately. Make sure to dress in layers so that you can adjust to the changing temperatures. And don’t forget to wear sunscreen and sunglasses!
- Be aware of the altitude. Colorado is a high-altitude state, so it’s important to be aware of the effects of altitude sickness. Take things easy on your first day of skiing or snowboarding, and drink plenty of water.
Additional Tips for Newcomers to Colorado
- Get a Colorado Ski Country USA season pass. If you plan on skiing or snowboarding more than a few times a season, consider buying a Colorado Ski Country USA season pass. This pass gives you access to all 38 of Colorado’s ski resorts for one price.
- Plan your trip ahead of time. Colorado ski resorts can get crowded, especially on weekends and holidays. Book your lodging and transportation in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Be prepared for the weather. Colorado weather can be unpredictable, so it’s important to be prepared for anything. Pack for all types of weather conditions, and be sure to check the forecast before you go.
Colorado is a great place to live for ski and snowboard enthusiasts. With its world-class ski resorts and abundant snow, Colorado offers something for everyone. If you’re a newcomer moving to Colorado, be sure to take advantage of all that the state has to offer!