So much goes into planning when moving into a new city.  Between deciding on where to live, send your kids to school and finding the nearest grocery store, it’s important not to overlook the minimum automobile insurance requirements.

If you are planning to move to Colorado with your car, below are the minimum automobile insurance requirements, per the State of Colorado.

  • $25,000 for bodily injury or death to any one person in an accident;
  • $50,000 for bodily injury or death to all persons in any one accident; and
  • $15,000 for property damage in any one accident.

If you are moving to Colorado with a vehicle that is currently being financed or leased, you will be required to have Full Coverage insurance.  This type of policy includes liability, collision and comprehensive coverage.  This includes the minimum requirements listed above plus any additional coverage required by your lender.

Average cost for car insurance in Colorado is said to be slightly above average.  Premiums are based on a number of factors, including credit score, driving record, age, gender and marital status.

For more information on insuring your vehicle in Colorado, contact the Mike Gibbs State Farm Agency.  Call or text them at 303.699.2800.

3140 S. Parker Road, Suite 2

Aurora, Colorado 80014

Call or Text:  303-699-2800