Real estate giant CBRE created the “Scoring Tech Talent in North America” list six years ago. Cities are ranked by the tech talent pool of candidates, growth, concentration, cost, those holding tech degrees and the future outlook of office space and apartment costs.
It is no surprise that San Francisco, Seattle, Washington DC, Toronto, New York, Austin, Boston, Raleigh-Durham, and Atlanta top the list, but for the first time, the Mile High City made the top 10. According to CBRE “Denver has a tech talent labor pool of 99,760 or 6.2% of it’s total employment, placing it among the top 10 most tech concentrated markets and well above the national average of 3.5%. Denver’s average annual tech wage now tops $100,000 ranking 10th out of the 50 markets studied and marking a 15% increase in tech wag growth over the last five years.”
Workers in the tech industry in Denver earn on average $28,000 more than the state average salary of $65,000. According to the Denver Business Journal, two thirds of the Denver’s tech companies will be adding additional staff later this year. Want to know where the hot tech jobs are here in Denver? Cloud security, business intelligence, cybersecurity, cloud computing and cloud architecture.
Interested in pursing a Computer Science degree, here is a list of the top 10 colleges in Colorado according to Niche.com.
1. Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Co
2. Colorado College, Colorado Springs, Co
3. University of Colorado – Boulder, Co
4. United Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Co
5. University of Denver, Denver, Co
6. Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Co
7. Regis University, Denver, Co
8. University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, Co
9. Colorado Technical University, Colorado Springs, Co
10. Metropolitan State University of Denver, Denver, Co
For more information on the top schools, please visit Niche.com For the full story on tech jobs, click here to read the Denver Business Journal’s article – Denver breaks into the top 10 in list of North America’s top tech talent cities.