If you are moving to Denver and public transportation is important to you, you are in luck. Several Denver employers are now providing RTD ecopasses to employees as an added benefit. With a strong dedication to sustainability, these Denver employers provide RTD EcoPasses to employees to provide employees with easy access to public transportation. Through the program, employers are able to reduce payroll taxes while utilizing the program for recruitment and more importantly retention of valued employees.
According to the Denver Business Journal, there are three options for employers:
- 100% employer paid
- Employee paid with pretax dollars
- Employer/employee shared cost
Find the right company
There is no shortage of companies who offer this added benefit to employees. Below is a list of the top companies according to the Denver Business Journal.
- University of Colorado – Boulder
- University of Colorado Denver – Anschutz Medical Campus
- City & County of Denver
- Denver Health & Hospitals
- Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Auraria Higher Education Center
- Boulder Valley School District
- University of Denver
- Terumo BCT Inc.
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Boulder Community Health
- Arrow Electronics
- Boulder County
- Swedish Medical Center
- City of Boulder
- Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center
- DaVita Healthcare Partners
- HSS Inc.
- The Western Union Company
- Denver Water
Having a car in Denver is important if you want to take advantage of the outdoor life, however for commuting, you will have options. Through the above listed employers and many more, you will find that there are Denver employers who provide RTD EcoPasses to employees as an added perk!
Good Luck with your job search and move to Denver.